Wednesday 4 August 2010


The drive up takes a good hour as you have to take it slow and you need to stop and do the views. But this ranger advised us to keep going straight to the top as the clouds were coming down, so we got there with minutes to spare. Click on her pic to make it larger and see her hat.
At over 14,000 feet above sea level with just 53% oxygen available and, being just the second day, the altitude knocked me for six – but at least I wasn’t chucking up behind a rock like one woman I saw. There are some photos here including one of me proving I was there (feeling as sick as a dog and clearly abandoning all thoughts of fashion just to stay upright), a chipmunk up close and personal, our massive Jeep and an elderly Amish couple walking along the cog railway tracks.

No comments: